Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Cheese Straws

I found these on Smitten Kitchen last week and I knew I had to make them. They are so good and addictive you really can't eat just one.

The 1st batch I made I used her recipe but found it to be a little hot for the boys so I cut out 1/2 of the red chili flakes and it is just right. Make these tonight if you can you won't regret it.

Cheese Straws
From Smitten Kitchen

Preheat oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with a silpat or parchment

6 oz of Sharp cheddar cheese-grated
1/2 stick butter cut into pieces and let soften
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
3/4 cup flour
1 tablespoon milk

Using your food processor put all ingredients except the milk and pulse until it is combined about 5 times, then add milk and turn on until it makes a ball. Then remove and roll out. Cut into thin strips and put on baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes until they just begin to brown. Remove from oven and put on cooling rack.

They do expand a little so give them some space.

Thanks Smitten Kitchen for the fabulous recipe. I will be making this many more times.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!