Thursday, December 10, 2009

Sewing projects

I have been sewing a lot lately. Tis the season for it. I usually start sewing in November and will continue on until about March, by then the weather is getting nice enough to go out and get things done. This year I have 12 quilts that I am making. Most will be given away to friends/acquaintances who are expecting. I am considering selling a few of them, but I don't know if I can get out what I put in. I don't have as much time as I usually do to get them all done. With the move coming up I need to get them all done now, so I don't have to worry about it while I am trying to unpack.

All of my quilts are usually baby size it just makes it easier. I did do a queen size quilt a while back and gave it to hubby as a birthday gift a few years ago. Other than that I prefer the smaller quilts that are easy to get done. Of the 12 that I need to do I have 6 done. A few of them I love, some not so much. Sometimes they just don't turn out how you picture them to. I have them in at the quilters now having them long arm quilted. In the past I have always hand quilted them, but with that many to do I just don't have the time. I also found that as nice as it is to have a hand quilted quilt when it comes to children they don't hold up as well as if they are machine quilted.

When I get them back I will post pictures of them.

1 comment:

  1. Twelve quilts! I'm impressed! If I make one quilt a year I consider it a triumph.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!