Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Getting back to it

I know I have been MIA for almost a month now. Well life got a bit crazy,  and I had to take a step back and prioritize, and well this ended up at the bottom of the list. Things are slowly getting better so I might be able to get some things up here and I have been wanting to try.

Last month:

-The boys had 16 baseball games; all on different nights; all on weeknights.

-We went to the coast for a day....I want to go back

-We had to put in an entirely new drain field, that was fun.

-Baby showers, birthday parties, meetings, and all of the other things that are required to keep life moving.

On to other stuff:

#1 had is last baseball game last night, is it bad that I am excited that it is over? It was amazing to see how far he progressed in the season but night after night sitting in the cold and rain does get old after a while.

The weather has been unseasonably cold and wet this spring. Usually by the end of May we are in tank tops and shorts. Not this year the boys are still wearing long sleeves and heavy coats. This looks like it might be the last week of it though and it may be in the 70s next week. I am crossing my fingers.

Mom and Dad's house has been delivered and now it is getting finished. We are all so excited that it is all finally coming together after many delays.

My yard is still in need of repair from the new drain field. (see weather) Along with that the weeds are growing bigger than some of the flowers and I need to get out there and work on that.(see weather) The garden still has not been sprayed or worked. It will be late this year. (see weather) Now I don't want you to think that I am a fair weather girl. I'm not (sometimes I am), but when it is 40, windy, and raining well there are other things that I am sure I can find to do where it is warm and dry.

Well I am not going to promise how often I will be here as life is life, but I will try to stop by more often and hopefully with something good to share with you.

2 comments:

  1. I feel like my plants are never going to get a chance to grow and I'm never going to get a chance to plant any of the things I haven't gotten to. Doesn't the weather know plants need SUNSHINE?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you back! :)

    Familiar words for me "Mom and Dad's house has been delivered..." as both my parents and I had modular homes built and love them. Lots on onsite finishing work - I remember it well. Exciting times.

    Sorry you've had a cool, wet spring! It's been the opposite here in Central Illinois where we've had a completely normal, long, warm (mostly hot) spring, like the ones I remember. I'm glad our weather has been normal this year.

    Hope things improve weather wise for you and that's A WHOLE LOT of baseball games!! We don't really have anything like that as daughter isn't involved in those team sports, other than Cheerleading (which is an official High School sport), which doesn't begin until late July, and even then, WE don't have to go with at all. :)

    Hope you have a great weekend with plenty of ☼

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!