Sunday, December 5, 2010

Chocolate Mint Chip Cookies.....aka Crack Cookies

**This a a revisit from a previous post**


A wonderful friend of mine gave me this recipe a few years ago. My husband along with hers nicknamed them Crack Cookies since they are so addictive. I believe the recipe originally came from Betty Crocker, but as with most things I have made my own little changes to make it my own.

3 sticks butter softened
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1 cup packed light brown sugar
3 eggs
4 cups flour
1 cup cocoa powder
1 tea baking soda
1/2 tea salt
1 1/2 tea vanilla
1 package of mint chocolate chips (12 oz)

Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda & salt in bowl and set aside. In mixer beat butter, white sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs & vanilla mix well after each addition. Add flour mixture mix well. Stir in chips. Use a ice cream scoop* to drop onto parchment or silpat lined baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 min at 350 degrees. Makes 5 dozen cookies.

*Note~ I used a medium scoop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!