Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Hazelnut Cherry Biscotti

I never thought I would like biscotti. I thought it was just for people who drink coffee. Plus who wants a hard cookie that might break your tooth, nope not me. I prefer my cookies soft/chewy/crispy/cakey, really any way that you can make them I will eat them except hard, I don't like hard. If I was blue I could be the cookie monster. Well then I found these. They are just a bit crispy on the outside, but the inside is soft and chewy and oh so marvelous. You really must try them. These are not allowed to be in my house, because well I will eat them all. As it is before I got around to posting this I already ate 3 of them, not so good for the diet here. What are you doing to me??? Oh yeah this was my idea....sorry about that. On to the cookie.



Hazelnut Cherry Biscotti
Found in the Williams and Sonoma Baking Cookbook

1/2 cup unsalted butter
3/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 3/4 cup flour
1 cup chopped hazelnuts
1/2 cup chopped dried cherries

Preheat oven to 350 degrees Line a baking sheet with parchment or a silpat

Cream butter and sugar, add eggs and vanilla. Then mix in flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. When all that is combined stir in hazelnuts and cherries.

Divide batter in half and form two logs on baking sheet, about 3-4" wide. Bake for 25-30 min until the edges are just starting to brown. Then let sit for 10-15 minutes until cool enough to handle. Cut into slices and then put them cut side down on baking sheet and bake for another 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool on rack.

Beware you might lose all control with these cookies, the best part is you can have them for breakfast and not feel guilty.

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!