Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Dining Room Table

Today my new table was delivered. Hubby and I have been talking about buying a new table for years. The issue always was my attachment to my old table. It is an antique, my grandparents bought it for my Mom. That and it was the table I grew up with, along with the antique chairs, I just didn't think I could part with them. It was always discussed just purchasing some chairs that would coordinate with what we already had, but really we needed more space. So we bought the new table. Luckily I don't have to part with the old one. It will be re-purposed as a sewing table in my office. I have a table pad cover for the top, so I don't have to worry about scratching it, and I can use the chairs in the office.




It was also mentioned to me that I could offer it to one of my boys when they get married, which is an option too. By then the table will be 120 years old and the chairs will be going on 150 years. We'll see.

The table came with the six chairs and we ordered an additional 6 side chairs. They should be here in a few weeks. We are replacing the chairs at the bar with the new chairs and as a bonus all of them will match when we have company.

Now onto saving for our next purchase.....living room.

2 comments:

  1. It is beautiful, Heather! That's great that you can still hold onto your childhood table as well. Our table also only has room for 4 and with our 6th family member on the way we have been talking about getting a new one as well. I love it! I hope you have a nice family meal tonight! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! I really prefer the darker wood like this - it's so warm and inviting. Love your wood floor too. We just have yucky carpeting throughout and no island or anything in our kitchen. Your house looks really nice.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!