Thursday, March 17, 2011

Shamrock Cookies

Happy St. Patrick's day!!

While I was on the roll of making cookies, I thought I should use my new shamrock cookie cutter and what better time to use it than for St. Patrick's day. These were fun, I made them for K's class and instead of frosting them I just pushed a few shamrock goodies into the dough before baking.



Again I used my cookie cutter cookie recipe and it worked perfectly. I added some green food coloring (paste) and they held there color perfectly while baking. I am sure the kids will get a kick out of them too.


I had some extra dough left, so I went ahead and made the extras. These will be going to Mom's office today.


These I topped with some royal icing and then used green sanding sugar on top. This whole giving up cookies and chocolate for Lent is really killing me right now....I want a cookie!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!