Saturday, November 19, 2011

The Old Plow


This is one of the two old plows that we have on the property. I have always love this one. I remember when I was a little girl that we painted it and it was so pretty. My sister and I would play on it and now I watch my boys play on it.

Not to mention the fact that it's a two bottom plow. Which would mean it would take you days just to plow one field. Unlike the Midwest in Oregon our fields are normally 100's of acres. Instead we have wide variety. Yes there are plenty that are 100 or more, but in my immediate vicinity most are not.

1 comment:

  1. I've always loved when I've seen old plows on people's property and wished I would have had one of my Grandpas. He plowed with his two horses, by hand like this in Southern Illinois. Looking at the way they farm the mega farms all around me here in Illinois now, I can't imagine anyone doing it by hand. :) How times have changed in the way of equipment.
    Thanks for sharing the photo and story.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!