Saturday, December 31, 2011

Playing along and updates

Goals for 2011

1. Spend more time playing, reading, listening to my boys. Completed. I still need to work on this everyday though.

2. Participate in photo, 365 taking at least one photo each day. I plan on making a photo book out of these at the end of next year. Nope, did not happen

2. Do a 5k, I run one each time I workout, I just have never had the nerve to go do one. Technically yes, I did a breast cancer walk with Mom

3. Work on the cookbook, to make each dish, and take a photo.  Sorta, kinda, it's a work in progress.

4. Keep maintaining my weight. Nope, got sick and gained. Not happy

5. Monthly date night with Hubby. This is going to be mandatory. Didn't happen either. We had months were we went out weekly, then times were it was months before we got out again. We need to do better.

6. To not be scared to try new things. This is another one of those that I need to keep working on.


Goals for 2012

1. Keep running. Complete a 5k, 10k, 15k and half.

2. Spend more time with my children, they are only little once.

3. Let it go.

4. Monthly date night, we are going to try this one again.

5. Continue work on the cookbook

6. Keep trying new things.


This is on a few of the blogs that I enjoy reading from time to time, and I thought I would play along too..

1. What did you do in 2011 that you'd never done before?

We went on a real family vacation. It was amazing.

2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

See above 

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

No, for the first time in 9 years

4. Did anyone close to you die?

Thankfully no

5. What countries did you visit?

None

6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?

Better health

7. What dates from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

Our trip to the redwoods, the long weekend at the beach, and the polar express this year.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

Signing up for a half marathon in 2012

9. What was your biggest failure?

Not playing enough with my boys

10. Did you suffer any illness or injuries?

I was diagnosed with GERD in June, then debilitating shin splints in December that kept me from running (this is currently going on)

11. What was the best thing you bought?

Our trips.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?

Anyone who was kind and gave of themselves unselfishly

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?

Those who are selfish

14. Where did most of your money go?

Mortgage, bills, food

15. What did you get really, really, really, excited about?

The Redwoods.

16. What song will always remind you of 2010?

not sure

17. Compared to this time last year, are you?
a. happier or sadder? sadder
b. thinner or fatter? fatter
c. richer or poorer? richer (not monetary)

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?

Take more days off

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?

Worry about things I can't control

20. How did you spend Christmas?

Christmas eve was with Hubby's family, then Christmas day we were home

21. Did you fall in love in 2010?

Yes, I fall in love more every year with my Husband

22. What was your favorite TV program?

now that we have satellite, I love HGTV and food network

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?

I don't use that word, and no there was no one, in fact I did more forgiving.

24. What was the best book you read?

The Help

25. What did you want and get?

A new table and chairs

26. What did you want and not get?

Living room furniture

27.What was your favorite film of this year?
I didn't see anything really good this year.

28. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

We to dinner with hubby, the boys and my parents. I was 32. It was perfect.

29. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

Losing the weight I gained and getting rid of the health problems (can't permanent)

30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?

casual and trying not to be frumpy

31. What kept you sane?

exercise

32. Who did you miss?

My Grandma

33. Who was the best person you met?

I didn't meet anyone new.

34. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010?

Let it go

35. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year?

Remind me.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Heather,
    I love this very much - interesting to read. Thanks for sharing it. :)

    I'm impressed that you write down goals, even if you don't always achieve them. I never do resolutions - to me, each day of life is a new chance to start new (don't need a new year for that), but as for goals - yes, I guess I keep some mental notes of what I plan to do, though I never really write them down. It seems that for me, it's all I can do to live each day and not look too far ahead. Because honestly, for me - farther ahead looks terrifying. Everyone always seems so happy for a new year, but I look at it as a one year closer to not having my parents around - 2012, Dad will be 87. So, I'm sure you understand what I mean. I try to remain optimistic always, but sometimes my realistic point of view comes into play. So, that's why I don't think too far ahead (or try not to).

    Hope you and your family have a most blessed New Year's Eve and that 2012 does find better, happy days ahead.
    Love, Linda

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!