Monday, September 23, 2013

The Cake Slice Bakers September 2013: Butterscotch Roll Up Cake

It is that wonderful time of the month where I get to show what we've been up to the last month, this month we baked a beautiful Butterscotch Roll Up Cake. The cake was delicious, but what really set it off was the butterscotch sauce and the frosting. My fellow Cake Slice Bakers did a much better job of showing it off, please go visit them and tell them how beautiful they are. Mine was tasty, but not all that pretty sadly. It didn't want to roll properly, so I turned it into a square cake and omitted the nuts as they aren't a favorite of two of the boys and Hubby. Either way it was great and I would try this one again, it could be quite the show stopper for the holidays this year.

http://thecakesliceblogroll.blogspot.com/



 
Next month will be our last cake out of Vintage Cakes then we will start baking out of a new book. You'll have to be patient though and wait until November to find out what we chose, trust me you're going to like it.
 
We are currently baking from:

See you soon,
Heather

9 comments:

  1. You still did a great job! I love it! How did you make so many layers? beautiful! Thank you for joining us again this month! I always look forward to see your baked goods! :) YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, I look at the photo of your cake and all I can think of is running my finger along the edge to sneak some more of that butterscotch frosting. I love seeing that I could make the cake into a square too and it would look as good as that, so thanks for giving me a different perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those layers, gonna dive in with my dessert fork!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks yummy with all those layers!! Pretty cake!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love that the cake is so versatile it can work as a square layer cake... Great idea! And yes definitely one to make again! Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Who said it isn't pretty?! It looks dang good to me! Love the multiple layers... looks so luscious!!

    :)
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think your cake is light and gorgeous! Who cares if it isn't rolled? not me! I'd still have a slice :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rolled, stacked, either way this cake was delicious! I'm going to try to roll it like the recipe instructed next time :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think your cake looks great, I like how you went with the method which made you more comfortable.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!