Thursday, April 30, 2009

Pasta with zucchini & mushrooms


This is a great week night dinner if you need something quick and simple. It is delicious too.

You will need
Pasta
10 crimini mushrooms
2 medium zucchini
2 tablespoons butter
garlic powder
onion powder
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Boil pasta in salted water. I never know how much I am using (I don't store it in the box) so I just dump what I think is enough in salted boiling water.

Cut 2 zucchinis into 1/2 inch chunks
Cut 10 mushrooms into 1/2 inch chunks

In a saute pan melt 2 tablespoons of butter, dump in zucchini and after a couple minutes dump in mushrooms. cook until they start to soften and most of the butter is gone. Then pour in 1 cup of water and turn burner down to med heat. Sprinkle in about 1 teaspoon of garlic powder and onion powder. Let reduce until most of liquid is gone. Then put Parmesan cheese in and stir around. When pasta is done drain and add mushrooms and zucchini to pasts and stir. Serve hot and enjoy. I served mine with slices of sourdough bread, with olive oil and balsamic vinegar for dipping.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!