Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Photobooks at Blurb

I have always been a scrap booker, but in the last few years I haven't had much time for it. (imagine why....3 boys remember) So when I found myself not taking pictures of my kids because I was so far behind already I knew I had to do something different. Through Matt & Maddy I found this site, and I have fallen in love with it. It is so simple to use.

When I did my first album it was honestly disappointed in it. At that time I thought it should look just like my scrapbooks, but after my hubby explained to me (several times) that it isn't a scrapbook, so I shouldn't expect it to look like one. I decided to give it another try and the next one I fell in love with. I have now made 4 that are completed and published, and I have another 4 that I am working on. I have done family albums and I am working on an album from our DC trip.

The program is great you download from the internet to your computer, so once you have that done you don't need to have internet to work on your album. You just copy your photos onto the program and they stay there until you are ready to start. It is nice that I can copy my photos monthly and work on the album a bit at a time instead of all at the end of the year. Another bonus is that you can order 1 album or as many as you want. With three boys I would never have the time to make them all an album every year this way I just choose 4 and I am set. If you are so inclined you can sell albums or send them to your family to purchase. I make one every year as a gift to the grandparents, it isn't as extensive as our family album, it is more highlights of the year.

Now all that being said, they aren't the same as scrap booking. It is a bit like doing all your scrapbooking at the end of the year since you don't really get to look at your photos unless on the computer until you have your album published. When you upload your album to Blurb it will take awhile if you don't have fast internet.

One other tip...the better your camera the better your album will turn out. I bought a new camera (Nikon D90) when I started doing this and it has made a HUGE difference in the quality of my photography.

I have had to use customer support a couple times, they are quick to respond and are very helpful. I still plan on doing my scrap booking when I can, but now it just doesn't feel as rushed to get it done. So if you want to try it I would give Blurb a try.

By the way no one asked me to give them a review I just love them that much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!