Thursday, October 8, 2009

Poison Oak

While we were on our hike last weekend I took my camera and while we were out and about I noticed lots and lots of poison oak on the trail that we were on. Now being a person who is HIGHLY allergic to the stuff I was a bit concerned that the boys would bring it home with them but so far so good. It wasn't that close to the trail I was just worried that they would "crash" and fall into the stuff. For those who don't know what it looks like here it is. It is very easy to identify in the fall since it turns that pretty red color. Just remember it is just for looking...ONLY looking no touching, if you touch you will be sorry.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, I'm sure I've seen it before as it does have a beautiful color. Funny thing is my husband went through that overgrown acerage at the Tuller place and I know it's overrun with all sorts of this poisenous brush, yet he didn't get anything on him, despite wearing only shorts. Maybe some aren't as affected by it than others? I don't know, but I don't want to find out!!! Thanks for the tip. :)


Thanks for stopping by!