Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Wednesday Night Dinner

So a monkey wrench got thrown into our dinner plans this week. We had our new recipe on Monday night rather than Wednesday since Hubby worked late Tuesday and tonight he has a meeting.

I made Chicken Jambalaya. It was really a spur of the moment decision to make. I decied to make it at about 4:3o when tacos just didn't sound good. I didn't have time to prepare to shop first so I altered the recipe to fit what I had on hand and it turned out great. I used the recipe off the back of the Uncle Ben's box for Chicken and Sausage Jambalaya. I didn't have any sausage thawed out, but I did have cooked chicken and homemade chicken stock in the fridge. (I was ready to make chicken noodle soup)

I really didn't do a very good job of measuring for this or watching the time properly....Sorry. The ones that are off I will let you know and you can adjust them to what looks good to you.

Chicken Jambalaya

1 1/2 cups rice (uncooked)
2 cups chicken cut into chunks (I am estimating here)
2 cloves garlic minced-I used my garlic press
1/2 onion diced
1 red bell pepper diced
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon black pepper
4 cups chicken stock
1 cup water
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 bay leaf
2 tablespoon dry parsley flakes (estimating again)
1 tablespoon Kosher salt

Put all ingredients together in large pot or dutch oven. Bring to a boil, then cover and turn down to a simmer for 25 min. Uncover and cook for another 10 minutes until almost all of the liquid is absorbed. This may take a bit longer I wasn't paying very close attention to the clock.

Remove bay leaf and season with kosher salt to taste about 1 tablespoon. Crush in parsley flakes and stir.

Enjoy!!


Next week......we start soups.....yummy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!