Monday, February 15, 2010

Lent.....

This is the first year that I am participating in Lent. I watch other people do it, but I have never done so myself. Well this is the year, and for me it is a big deal. This is taboo even for me I am giving up chocolate, the thing that I live on sometimes, yeah that.

I also decided that I am going to lose those last now 5 pounds that still need to leave. I was down to two to go before my birthday last month then all hell broke loose and I gained back 3. So yeah I need to take care of that too.

So as of tomorrow no more chocolate for me until Easter. I will still make brownies, cookies, and other treats for the kids and that is fine (I don't eat them anyway), but don't expect much from me on the chocolate front until after Easter. Except for that cake recipe later this week. Other than that though I will probably focus more on cooking and some yummy fruit things I have been working on.

I am also going to start focusing on more clean eating recipes. I try to eat as clean as possible (excluding the chocolate), and it is something that I am becoming more serious about. Watch out for those recipes too.

What are you giving up for Lent?? Good luck to you all.

1 comment:

  1. I never have given something up for Lent, though I think about it sometimes. I have never been a part of a church that "does" Lent, so a lot of times it isn't even on my radar until it's already started and I hear other people talking about it. (By talking, I mostly mean reading blogs about it!)

    I am interested in hearing more about "clean eating" and what that means for you, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!