Sunday, February 28, 2010

Shepard’s Pie

This is one of my favorite dishes to make. Whenever I do I feel good that I am reusing something that I already have into something new.  This is a great weeknight dinner that doesn't take to long and is hearty and filling. Plus you have everything you need all in one pan so cleanup is a breeze.

The other day I was in a mood so I decided to make Hubby's favorite dish. Pan fried chicken breasts, mashed potatoes and pan gravy. (veggies too) Well I figured I would make a few extra so I wouldn't have to worry about dinner the next night and it was great.

The best part of this recipe is that you can make it your own with very little work. Put in the veggies that you and your family like the best. If you are making this after thanksgiving feel free to use whatever you have left. That is the beautiful part, you really can't go wrong with this dish.



Shepard's Pie

2 cups chicken cut up into bite size chunks
2 carrots peeled and chopped
1 1/2 cups peas
1 cup gravy
1-2 cups mashed potatoes

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a casserole dish put in all ingredients except for potatoes. Stir them around until combined. Then cover with potatoes and top with a bit of shredded cheese if you want.

Bake for 30 minutes or until it is heated through and a bit bubbly.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!