Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The Perfect Snickerdoodle

I have been working on this off and on now for a year. It has been strenuous, but I do it because it is important work, and while it has been long hard hours (hahahaha) it has been worth it, every second. For now I can give you the perfect snickerdoodle.


Besides my Mom's chocolate chip cookies, these are probably my favorite, though I think I have said that a few times now.....are you counting my favorites? I'm not which is probably a good thing.

These are light, and perfect. Crisp on the edge with a soft chewy center...these ruin my diet, completely.

Perfect Snickerdoodles
Makes 3 dozen with a small scoop
Cookies
1 stick unsalted butter-room temperature
1 cups sugar
1 eggs
1 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 teaspoons cream of tartar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Pinch of salt

Coating
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoons ground cinnamon

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.  Line baking sheets baking mats or parchment paper; set aside.

Combine flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in a bowl. Set aside.

In your mixing bowl cream butter and sugar add in egg mix until combined. Add in dry ingredients and mix well.

In a small bowl add sugar and cinnamon for coating. scoop out balls, roll slightly then roll around in coating, place on baking sheet about 2 inches apart, these like to spread.

Bake for 8 minutes, you don't want your cookies to brown. Let cool on pans for 1 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack to finish.

This can easily be doubled if you need more cookies.


Enjoy!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you're doing the impossible.... making me want to bake!! :) Seriously, thanks for these recipes. Each one looks great.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!