Thursday, May 5, 2011

Chicken Tacos

These are a variation of a recipe that was given to me by a good friend. I had to change them do to K's new diet, and they were excellent. The best part is you have dinner for multiple nights or you have enough to freeze for another day. Another great thing about this is you can take the chicken and turn it into enchiladas, soup, nachos, really anything that you want. I made this yesterday for lunch with my girlfriends and kids, tonight they will be enchiladas and then I will freeze the remaining for next week. I love dishes that lend themselves to so many things, that way, yes you are eating it again, but it isn't the same.

I made this in the crock pot, but it would simple enough to stick it in the oven too. This recipe is perfect as you can pick the heat of your dish. You like it spicy, grab a jar of the hot stuff, not so much well it is good without much heat too. I used a jar of medium and of mild since we were serving kids, though if it were just adults I would go with something much warmer. A good homemade salsa would be great here too, but I didn't make any last year since my tomato's were a bust.

Chicken Tacos
6-8 chicken breasts
2 jars salsa (30oz total)

Cook on high in slow cooker for 4-6 hours. Take chicken out shred with fork then put back in and set to warm. Mix the chicken in well with the the sauce.

Lay out a spread of toppings of your choice and enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Ooooh easy and good!! :) I will definitely be trying this instead of our usual tacos. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow--so simple. I'll have to try that!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!