Saturday, May 14, 2011

What I gave my Mom for Mother's day

I made Mom a quilt. It seems like I have made one for everyone but her and dad, so I thought, it would be fitting to make one and give it to her for Mother's day this year.


 I love the fabric, they are some of her favorite colors.


I did a star pattern that I have been looking at for a long time. It turned out really well, though I would have liked it better if the star had "popped" more, it would have if I had used a brighter color, but knowing it was for Mom, I knew she would like the brown better.

I will be making this pattern again, it was fun, a bit complicated, but the results were beautiful.

Happy Mother's Day Mom, thanks for being my best friend. I love you!!

xoxo Heather

2 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful! The colors are magnificant and what a great gift for your dear Mom. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it, it is beautiful! You have such talent! I have many homemade quilts from family members, and have been trying to do one myself for a few years, but never get past a half dozen squares.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!