Tuesday, May 17, 2011

No Bake Cheesecake with pictures

Over the weekend we had J's parents over for dinner, which is always nice. After fighting with the decision of what to make for dinner, it was nice to know what I was making for dessert. See I had seen this the week before and knew I had to make it. It is super simple and way better than the box stuff that you can buy at the store.

It's nothing like a baked cheesecake but it will do in a pinch and it is lighter and less dense than the baked version. Perfect for a spring day, or summer, or just whenever you need something smooth, creamy and luscious.



This is a great make ahead dish and I will be making it again.  Sorry it's a bit messy, I put them in individual ramekins and while cute and all, you can't see any of the good stuff, so I un-molded one and well, it may not look the prettiest, but I can tell you it tasted sinfully good.


No Bake Cheesecake 

Crust:
2 sleeves graham crackers
2 tablespoons sugar
6 tablespoons softened butter

In a food processor break graham crackers, add in sugar and butter then pulse until it clumps together. Press into the bottom of a spring form pan or into individual ramekins.

Filling:
10 ounces cream cheese softened
1 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup heavy cream

In your mixer beat heavy cream until soft peaks form, place in another bowl and set aside. In the same bowl beat cream cheese until smooth and creamy, scrape down bowl add in powdered sugar and vanilla. Beat until well combined and no lumps. The great thing about cream cheese is you can't over beat it. When smooth and it has no lumps fold in your whipped cream. Pour into pan or ramekins and put in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours best if longer.

Topping:
You can put anything you want on top of these. I had some thawed berries in the refrigerator so I cooked them down in there juices and added just a bit of sugar, until they were thickened. This is another do ahead and put in the refrigerator, if you want them warm they are easy enough to rewarm.

Or you can always just top with fresh berries.

Enjoy!!
Heather

3 comments:

  1. I love your recipes because they are often easy and yet - Yummy!! I know I'll like this and will definitely be trying it at some point. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came back to see the pictures, Heather and oh my - it looks delicious!! I could go for a piece of that right about now to give me a boost of sugar for my day. :)

    Happy Wednesday,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love no-bake cheesecake (and not just because the name rhymes). when it gets scorching hot in the summer, no one wants to turn on that oven!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!