1. The boys are off to school two weeks from today. I should probably get on that back to school shopping thing.
2. C had to have new waders this year. It makes me thankful for Cabelas.
3. In the last month I have finished three books. This is a lot for me. I absolutely love reading but the last few years I rarely found the time, now that the boys are getting older and more self sufficient I find that I have a few minutes in the evenings to read. I am loving it.
4. Speaking of reading....you have to read Water for Elephants you won't be sorry. I finished it last night and I already want to read it again, but The Help is waiting for me.
5. Still on the topics of books, I bought myself a new toy this summer. It's a Nook. I love it. I thought about buying one forever, and just couldn't bring myself to do it. Well I broke down and bought it and I love it. The only thing that I don't love is the glare that you get in the sun. The best part is I can browse the web, it's color and I can get books on it. I thought I would miss the turning of pages, what I love is that I have so many books in one spot and it has decreased the clutter in my house. Yay!!
Not that books are clutter, they aren't.
6. Lately I have been realizing more and more just how much of a charmed life that I lead. I am blessed and so lucky.
7. Summer break is almost over, we still have a few more fun things that we are planning with the boys, we still haven't made it to the lake yet, and I am desperate to go....