Friday, April 3, 2009

Dinner Rolls

I use the No Knead Light Rolls recipe from Joy of Cooking, it is the same recipe that I use to make my cinnamon rolls. It is fool proof and works perfect every time.

Recipe:
1/4 cup warm water
1 package of yeast or 2 1/4 teaspoons
Let yeast bloom for a few minutes
1/4 c margarine or shortening
2 3/4 cup flour
1 cup hot water
1 egg
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 tablespoon sugar

Mix well then put into a greased bowl to rise until doubled in size. Butter a 9 x 13 baking dish. Then turn out risen dough onto work surface that has been floured. Dough is usually wet so I work some flour into the dough until it isn't sticky anymore. Then I take a pinch(about the size of my palm) and make into ball. This will make one dozen good size rolls or 15 smaller ones. Let rise again until doubled in size then bake in a 400 degree oven for 20 min until golden brown. Baste with butter when you pull them out of the oven then serve.

I usually double this recipe and make half into dinner rolls and the other half into cinnamon rolls. I would have a photo, but I have made these twice this week, and both times I have forgotten to take a picture before they were eaten. I do have a photo of one it was with the slider. Yes, they are that good. Maybe next time, but I wouldn't count on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!