Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Baked Cheese Sandwiches

I started this post months ago.....think January.  I just never had time to finish it (pictures) well at this rate I probably won't get a picture taken, so here you go.  I have taken the liberty to add a few notes here and there....

I have a panni press, but with having a small kitchen (my kitchen is now so much bigger, really I must show you some time) it is a pain to use, so I started baking the sandwiches instead of using the press. I get a very similar result and I can do more than two at a time....a bonus around here.  They are simple and very delicious. Next time you want a grilled cheese try these instead.

Baked Cheese Sandwiches-Makes 1 sandwich

2 slices sliced sourdough bread

butter/margarine

1/2 cup or a bit more of finely grated cheese-sharp cheddar, swiss,  jack, use a combination or your favorite

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and place a cookie sheet in oven to heat up too. Butter the outside of the slices of bread, place cheese on un-buttered side, put on preheated cookie sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes then flip, bake for another 10 minutes until golden brown. Let sit for a few minutes until cheese is no longer molten, then enjoy.

Note: Serve this with one of your favorite soups and it makes a great dinner on a busy night. I am making these next week for baseball....they will save lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!