Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Vegetable Soup

With sick ones lately we have been eating a lot of soup. I don't really like soup out of a can, to much processed stuff in it, so I had planned on making some French Onion soup, that didn't work out so well, I didn't have enough time, and so I threw this together instead. It was super simple and tasty. I served it with crusty sourdough bread, just perfect.

I just went through my refrigerator and found what looked good. If you have something else that looks good to you toss it in, I'm sure it would be great.

Vegetable Soup serves 4
2 medium carrots chopped
2 ribs celery peeled and chopped
1 medium onion chopped
1 medium bell pepper chopped
1 15 ounce can diced tomatoes (I use the ones without salt added) with juice
2 cans water

Put it all into a pan and boil for 12-15 minutes until carrots are tender and onions are translucent. Serve with crusty bread

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!